Last Sunday’s sermon titled, “Put Down That Rock” was based on the story of the woman brought to Jesus after being caught in an adulteress affair. (John 8:1-11)
We were reminded that an important aspect of our faith is forgiveness and not just for ourselves but for others. Here are some things to consider when reflecting on this message.
- We have all been hurt by others and our natural instinct is to hit back.
- Jesus calls us to forgive those who have hurt us because we too have hurt those around us and we need forgiveness.
- Forgiving someone is an act of faith and of obedience to God.
- The act of forgiveness frees us from the bondage and the damage of holding a grudge.
- We may not have the strength to forgive but God does and if we let him he’ll help us to forgive those who we may struggle to forgive.